Join me as I create multimedia projects while discovering a city I've dreamed about visiting all my life. See London through and alternate lens - mine.

Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Stone Reflections

"What you leave behind is not what is engraved in stone monuments, but what is woven into the lives of others." Pericles


There were many things I had hoped to do on this trip. One of my "can't miss" experiences was a visit to Stonehenge. Before I ever left the states, I researched tour companies, checked Trip Advisor reviews, and compared prices and excursions. I ended up booking a tour through Evan Evans Tours for a trip to Stonehenge, Oxford, and Windsor. The real draw of this tour was that it was a special access tour of Stonehenge, which meant I would be able to step inside the stone circle. It was an amazing experience, one that I think I'm still processing. One of our assignments for this course is to create a digital story. I knew that Stonehenge was a great topic for me. It also allowed me to reflect on my tour by talking through the experience. I am happy that I have so many great photos from that day - there are more of them that I didn't use for this project - but I am also happy that I can watch this short video and relive my emotions. I hope you enjoy it too!

1 comment: